"The Gomez Connection: Who Holds the Key to Selena's Heart Now?"




 As one of the most followed people on Instagram (and, TBH, the world), there’s a lot of interest in who Selena Gomez is dating and who her boyfriend is. From Justin Bieber to The Weeknd to Chainsmokers member Drew Taggart, Selena is no stranger to public relationships, but that doesn’t make them any easier.


“If I can be honest, it is so cliché,” Selena told Apple Music’s Zane Lowe in 2020. “It’s just everyone dates everyone. It always seems to be within this little bubble — and it’s because it’s safe.” She continued, “You’re wanting someone to understand what you’re going through, you’re almost wanting a counterpart of creativity as well, and it’s interesting and fun. 


But the problem with that is you end up, whether you admit it or not, you’re having a relationship for people and not even for yourself.” She added, “There’s almost this point where it’s like, ‘Oh, we’re making it known that we’re together.’ Or whatever it is. You just need to decide within our world if it’s for you or is it for show.”


In an interview with Vogue Australia in 2021, Selena called her past relationships “cursed.” “I think most of my experiences in relationships have been cursed,” she said at the time. “I’ve been way too young to be exposed to certain things when I was in relationships. I guess I needed to find what was that word for me, because I felt so less than in past relationships, and never really felt equal.”


So who are those “cursed” past relationships? Ahead we break down Selena’s dating history, from Justin Bieber and The Weeknd to The Chainsmokers’ Drew Taggart. Meet all of Selena Gomez’s ex-boyfriends and see who she’s dating now.


On December 7, 2023, Selena Gomez confirmed her relationship with producer Benny Blanco. Under one post from PopFaction’s post that read, “Selena Gomez Seemingly Confirms That She Is in a Relationship,” Gomez simply commented “Facts.” She wrote in the comment: “He is my absolute everything in my heart,” then replied to one fan: “then why has he been the best thing that’s ever happened to me. The end.” She then shared a selfie of the two of them to her own Instagram Story.


While their relationship is seemingly new, they’ve known each other for years, previously working on the 2019 hit English-Spanish single “I Can’t Get Enough.” Blanco is the recipient of the 2013 Hal David Starlight Award from the Songwriters Hall of Fame. He also won the BMI Songwriter of the Year Award five non-consecutive times, and won the 2017 iHeartRadio Producer of the Year Award. 


But on June 8, 2023, she finally responded to the rumors with a hilarious TikTok posted on June 8, 2023. In the video, she’s rugged up while watching a soccer training session. “I’m single!” she yells to the players. “I’m just a little high maintenance, but I’ll love you so much.” She captioned the video: “The struggle man lol,” which featured one of her friends laughing in the background.


Countless followers compared her behavior to that of her Wizards of Waverly Place character Alex Russo. “This is still Alex Russo but 15 years older,” one user commented, while another observed that Selena was “back at it.” It’s the first time she’s addressed her relationship status since the rumors started.


Selena was first linked to Drew Taggart, a member of The Chainsmokers, in January 2023. “They aren’t trying to hide their romance by sneaking around at members only clubs,” a source told Us Weekly on January 16, 2023, adding at the time that the relationship was “very casual and low-key.”


 The insider added that Selena and Drew “go bowling and to the movies” when they spend time together and were “so affectionate” on dates. “Selena can hardly keep her hands off him,” the source said, adding that Selena and Drew were “having a lot of fun together.”


Selena dated The Weeknd from January 2017 to October 2017. The two became red carpet official at the Met Gala in May 2017. Selena told InStyle in September 2017 that she was “happy” in her relationship with The Weeknd. “I really am [happy],”she said at the time. “It’s great. I don’t depend on one area of my life to make me happy. It’s really important for me to love and nourish my friends and family and to make sure that I never get influenced by a guy.”


It’s believed that The Weeknd’s 2018 EP, Dear Melancholy, is about Gomez. In an interview with Esquire in 2020, The Weeknd called the album “cathartic.” “The reason why it was so short is like, I think I just had nothing else to say on this…whatever….” he said. “It was just like this cathartic piece of art. And yeah, it was short, because that’s all I had to say on this situation. When asked if the EP made him feel better, The Weeknd responded, “Yeah, of course. I mean, that would have sucked if I didn’t.”


A source told Us Weekly in March 2020 that Selena and The Weeknd are “cordial” and that she even listens to his music. “Selena is a fan of The Weeknd and his music,” the insider said. “She has no negative feelings toward him. They are cordial.”


Selena and Nick dated in 2008 when they were both Disney Channel stars. Selena also starred in the Jonas Brothers’ 2008 music video for “Burnin’ Up.” “We were babies,” she told CapitalFM in 2015. “That, to me, was like puppy love, you know. It was very sweet.” Selena dated Nick, at the same time her best friend, Taylor Swift, dated Nick’s older brother, Joe Jonas.