"Attitude Overload: The Surprising Reason I've Blocked Peppa Pig for My Children"




 A mum has slammed children's TV show Peppa Pig for the 'cringeworthy attitudes' and believes that the characters aren't the type of role models she wants for her four kids - with an 'unintelligent mother' and a 'useless father'


A mum has banned her four children from watching Peppa Pig as she doesn't agree with the messages the show gives, and claimed it's not as "lightweight" as you might think.


The cartoon pig and her family are popular among many young children, but many parents don't agree with her attitude and comments she makes on the show - with many saying it's unsuitable. Including mum-of-four Brittany, who has drawn the line when it comes to her kids watching the show as the characters are "rude and stupid" with "poor values" as well as the "cringeworthy attitude" from Peppa herself.


Brittany doesn't agree with how Peppa speaks to her family and friends and believes that she's a bad influence on children. As she doesn't allow her children much screen time as it is, the mum will use it as a downtime tool but will steer clear of Peppa Pig.


"Peppa Pig is rude. There's no two ways about it. She has a big attitude problem and I don't like the way she speaks to her family and friends. I cringe at her tone and the things she says. Children are impressionable: copying what they see and hear.


 I know that when they're consciously copying something they've heard, then subconsciously their young sponge-like minds have taken in MUCH more," Brittany shared on a post.


She also slammed Peppa's mum as a "perceptively unintelligent mother" and also the father and stated he was "a useless father "who gets picked on for his size." She also added that she doesn't agree with these characters being "role models".


Brittany further detailed: "I don't think it's acceptable to display this to my children who use characters on the TV as role models. Peppa Pig is deceptive - it is not as 'lightweight' as you might think. These underlying poor values are soaked up by young children," and shared that she started to notice a "direct relationship" between her children's behaviour and the shows they watch.


"We exert limited screen time and only watch certain shows. I recently found that my eldest had a change of attitude and his imaginative play became aggressive and rude after we had watched PJ Masks a few times. I phased it out ASAP!" Brittany concluded.


The rant came after the mum noticed that the streaming site had added Peppa Pig, and it "disappointed her" as it reminded her kids that the character existed. She then stated that these opinions were her own and won't "judge anyone for having differing opinions."


Many mums agreed with Brittany's thoughts and one said: "Never thought I'd be that parent but we stopped watching Peppa after seeing a few episodes and I realised nearly every episode the kids make fun of or are rude specifically to the dad. That's not a behaviour I wanted modelled for my kids." While another mum echoed: "I could not agree with you more!! I have always thought that Pepper Pig is a little brat and I refuse to let my little boy watch it!"


However, others said it was a "harmless show" as one person chimed: "My kiddo loves Peppa Pig, I don't see anything wrong with it. Peppa is a bit sassy, but I've seen more positive influences from him watching it than negative. 


I watch it with him a lot and we talk about the characters and what they're doing." As a second commented: "You can have your own influence on what they're taking in. You can't censor the world around them, so why not teach them how to interpret what they're seeing and make their own decisions on how to treat others?"